Well, Justin left bright and early on Saturday morning, heading to Lincoln Nebraska - yeah, fun huh? ( I hear it's beautiful out there this time of year - hehehehe. He's gone until Tuesday night which leaves me with the boys for 4 whole days. Thank goodness for close family and friends. They've made these days go by pretty fast and have helped out since I have an inflamed SI joint (in my back) and it's hard to pick up Max and hold him - so they've been so wonderful and helping out tons. Anyhow, Whenever I am gone on a trip with the boys I always come home to projects being completed that we've started prior to the trip and I'm always having to guess what they are. Justin usually gets tons done and I am so grateful for this late nights spent trying to fix up the house. So last time he was gone for scout camp I tried really hard to get a "project" done but came only as close as waxing the floor one night and painting 1 lousy door. Well, this time was going to be different....until my back began to hurt....so I made up a new project. I decided to paint another door (out to the garage) and this time it wasn't just white. I went shopping to find a frame which I would take out the glass and place over a painted chalkboard area on the door....... and here it is.

Justin and I used to have a word of the week which was meant to expand our vocabulary and a scripture a week to memorize so this board is to rejuvenate and motivate us to continue our newlywed tradition. I'll let you know how that goes....
And since I hurt my back the door didn't come off...shhhhhh....no one needs to know, hence, the ugly, painted over hardware still needs updating....that will be left for Justin to "finish up" hahahaha. (Maybe my next trip to Oregon.)
No comments:
Post a Comment