10.12.2008

Sending off Elder Tolman


It was a bitter sweet day. After Stake Conference Jordan was set apart by President Papa then Jordan bore his testimony. What a wonderful experience! His sweet thoughts and emotions of the Savior and the work he's about to do was motivating and sincere. I can't wait to hear him when he gets home.

The day was filled with lots of tears and hugs. My emotions felt uncontrolled. I must have been acting a little somber because Aunt Sally asked if I was okay. Again, later she asked and I broke down. I've really enjoyed having a brother and Jordan and I have had a great relationship. But most of all, all of the nieces and nephews love him to death and it's sad to think how much they're grow up when he's gone. I think Jaxson (Alisha's son) and Max will have a really hard time. Max runs into Ann and John's house and straight to Jordan's room looking for him every time we visit and wakes up asking for Jordan in the mornings....then if he's not around, he cries. In the mornings we've been calling so Max could talk to him.

We'll all miss him so much but are so excited for him to go and love and teach the people of Mozambique.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

oh i am sure that was so sad today! Especially for the boys. He is going to be an Awesome Missionary, and what a wonderful experience for him.

Your pictures of the boys at the Pumpkin patch are darling!
Can't wait to see your Photography Blog!!

Esther Attridge said...

I'm so happy for Jordan! He'll be a great missionary - mom told me all his neices and nephews were not loving the idea though :(

Karen said...

It sounds like Jordan will be missed. I loved this post. I am still having a hard time with this Africa thing. So far away......

~H said...

Wow!!! He is in for the most incredible adventure!!! That is so neat! Sooo Exciting! :) Thanks for Finding me Libby!!! I miss you like crazy!!! We are coming to California in December. How far do you live from Fresno? We would love to see you!

Diana and Derek said...

Best of luck, Elder Tolman. It sounds like he will get a bunch of pictures and drawings from nieces and nephews!!!

PS YES on 8