8.12.2009

Mom turns 20!











Plus 7! I feel like I'm still 20 sometimes. My 27th birthday was great! I woke up early Thursday morning to find a huge bag on the kitchen counter with some yummy treats and fun cards from my family. Then as we headed out to the car a huge sign on the front of our garage caught my eye. It was from my great friend Farrah. (Thanks! You are too kind!) We just had a lounge day at home and then was treated to some chinese take-out and then chocolate covered strawberries that the kids and Justin made. YUMMY!

On Saturday the family was getting together to celebrate John and Ann's 40th Wedding Anniversary so Justin and I took advantage of the time we'd have a babysitter and decided to celebrate my birthday as well. He took me shopping! What an amazing husband! I found several shirts, two dresses and a pair of puma shoes all for under $60!!! I love a great sale! Then we headed to dinner with all the siblings to the Cheesecake Factory. Delicious. It was a great time - especially without any children. We rarely get to hang out as adults and enjoy each others company.

Happy Anniversary to Ann and John! If we are but half as happy and dedicated to one another as you are after 40 years, I will count my blessings of a very successful marriage. We have such a wonderful example to follow. Thank you for being amazing parents and for all your love and support!

2 comments:

~H said...

Wow!! Happy birthday!! :) It sounds like you had a wonderful day!! xoxo love you tons beautiful!

Unknown said...

27, and you look absolutely amazing! Happy Birthday.