11.07.2008

So Excited! Great service opprotunity!!!!


Many of you know, since we have tons of family on our site that stay up-to-date with our blog, but Make a Wish foundation and Macy's have teamed up for a holiday campaign called BELIEVE. Macy's has promised to donate $1 to each Santa letter that comes, hand delivered to Macy's, that is addressed to SANTA AT THE NORTH POLE and Stamped. Donation up to 1 Million Dollars! When I read the blog of Justin's Cousin I knew I was hooked.

It's been awhile since I've done a huge service project. A couple years ago I was able to hold a Locks of Love fundraiser where we raised more than 40 feet of hair. Donating just under 12 inches myself. And before that, during high school when I co-chaired a fundraiser for Doernbecher Children's Hospital in Portland Oregon, raising $20,000 with the help of so many people. I knew, as I read the blog, that it was my turn to help out as much as I can.

I have planned and am mailing out invites to a Santa Letter party that we'll have in Oregon when we go up to visit my family for Thanksgiving and then one the next week at our house. We are also going to a Family night activity at Biggs Elementary school and also Benson's preschool and "to be" elementary school in December. We may even have our Stake Youth Dance, which we were just informed we are doing...again... be inspired by the BELIEVE theme and bring the entire youth of our area into this project.

I love organizing service projects and in the spirit of the Christmas season, all the better.

I feel so blessed in my life! There's nothing I love to do more than to organize projects and activities that benefit others.

If you want to help participate, let me know.

We will be hand delivering these on Christmas Eve as we always go to Sacramento to the mall and see Santa, do a little shopping and go to John's Incredible Pizza with the family.

Happy Weekend!

2 comments:

Idaho Penningtons said...

Way to go Libby!!!! You know they always need wish granters - You could apply! It is really rewarding! Another great cause is SXHU.org - This is the organization we went to Peru with to help work in the Orphanage and the villages.

I saw a magnet the other day and it said - If I volunteer one more time please shoot me! I sometimes feel like that I have so many projects going at a time!!! Thanks for your help!

Anonymous said...

That is so cool. We just had to make our blog private due to things that happened to our blog. We would love for you to view our blog. So just email us your email adress to danimoore2006@gmail.com