9.23.2008

Day One - Cleansing/Detox Diet

Monday, September 22 - Day One

For the most part, us as a family are pretty healthy eaters. We do like to snack though and enjoy a treat every once in a while, but overall, I think we do well. We got the idea from Afton who has done this diet a couple of times.

Apparently,our bodies collect toxic substances throughout the years and can pack on undesired pounds and a lot of allergens that affect our internal organs. So we decided to take on the challenge. Seven days of strictly raw fruits and veggies. Doesn't sound too hard, right?

Monday morning was usual. I (Libby) got up for my spin class and Justin was up around 7:30. Justin headed for work with a banana and apple and I saved myself from breakfast and made a quick stop at Jamba Juice for a custom drink consisting of strawberries, banana and ice...mmmm...

The boys had gymnastics and after the morning shuffle of all their classes we headed over to see if Justin was done with his patients. He was, so if was off to Jamba Juice again for lunch. We tried a couple other custom drinks consisting only of raw fruits which ended up tasting like mostly orange peels...mmm...and more mmmm....then headed to Sam's Club to buy our week of groceries. One hundred dollars later, we were ready to take on our week.

By evening we were both pretty tired and starving. We had chopped up some cucumbers, cilantro, red onion and tomatoes and marinated them in lemon and lime juice. Then tossed in some avocado and put in on a bed of lettuce. We were amazed that we couldn't eat the whole entire bowl we made for ourselves. We were dying for some fat of any kind by 7pm. We almost gave up. I'm lucky we have each other for motivation. We made it through the night and by 9:30 were fast asleep!

We'll see what the week brings....

1 comment:

Esther Attridge said...

Wow!! this is quite an impressive diet. I'm anxious to hear how it turns out and then I might follow suit!